Friday, July 10, 2009

OPERA FINALE

Well, it's been more than a month since I decided to try out Opera 10 Beta. And to be honest, I've forgotten all about the switch. Everything seems to match the performance of Firefox, and there are even a few features in Opera that I think give it a slight edge, in my opinion, over Mozilla's browser.

As I mentioned before, the Wand is a big thing. It's convenient, and works for any log-in page of a site that you set it to remember. An interesting feature I also discovered was that you could enable tab thumbnails to see the pages in the different tabs you have open.

The only time I've had to go back to Firefox was when something with Opera didn't work with Facebook for some reason. It's when you can't post anything in the Facebook text boxes. However it seems to be gone.

I think I will stick with Opera for now. I'm excited for the official release of Opera 10. Maybe you should be too.

2 comments:

  1. Best Browser experience ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Opera. I use it mostly for the many designs (skins) and mouse gestures.

    Please, by God, tell me you knew of the mouse gestures. They are enabled when you click Shortcuts under the Advanced tab in the preferences.

    Hold right mouse button while dragging left etc *drewls* (Find out more in the help section if you didn't know.)

    ReplyDelete